Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
looking for some tips + tricks for your next adventure that don't break the bank (or your finally-developed self-care habits)?! i've compiled everything i found during my favorite trips around the globe so you don't have to!
I spent about 5 days in Cabo San Lucas, a beachside resort town on the Baja Peninsula of Mexico - and was so surprised at how beautifully unique this spot was. I would 100% go back and explore a bit more! I was traveling there for a group trip, but it's perfect for all types of trips - even solo!
*I know that many have asked about the safety on the Baja Peninsula. Traveling in a group of 8 (beautiful!) women, I have to say - I felt completely safe. It's all about staying present + smart no matter where you travel y'all!
since I was traveling with a group of 8 other women, we stayed in a villa through airbnb. i would highly recommend the neighborhood we stayed in - it was a gated, protected community filled with cobblestone streets & loads of beautiful flowers! it was also really safe to walk around and close to town.
personally, i would love to stay at this new boutique hotel - acre baja - they have treehouses for rooms! it's closer to san jose del cabo, a different city, but you'd still fly into the same airport.
it's really simple to get around - whether that's walking or inexpensive cars. we didn't use uber or lyft, but often had a taxi driver's phone number via the restaurant or villa.
there are lots of cute restaurants - and fancy ones - on the baja peninsula. surprisingly - many of them are organic, and vegan friendly! here were some of my favorites:
- edith's: this old school, los cabos mainstay transports you to a magical fairy land. with live music, cool decor, and fresh fish it's a spot you just can't miss.
- mako vegan: this tiny vegan spot is a hole-in-the-wall but TOO good. get their "big vegan" burger and iced coffee...yum!
- outpost: this bar and grill is the in-town restaurant for flora gardens - an organic farm-to-table restaurant in san jose del cabo. it's super cute and they even have a tiny farm on their rooftop!
- el farallon: we didn't end up getting to eat here - but this place looks so splurge-worthy. it has amazing views of the water and is super romantic. don't miss this so make reservations in advance!
- blue marlin: this restaurant is inside of the me hotel in town; the brunch is filling, healthy and has outdoor seating with great views of the arch. check it out on your lazy morning post-all night dancing!
since cabo san lucas is super inexpensive - there's plenty you could do that won't break the bank! or you could just relax on a beach chair...
- take a boat trip to lovers beach
- go to a day party (or relax on a huge beach chair!) at omnia day club
- explore the surf town of todos santos
- eat all the fish tacos you can (they are AMAZING)
- spend a night dancing on the strip
- explore wirikutas cactus gardens (didn't get to go here but looked amazing!)